The newly designed 2017 Fusion is more stunning than ever. With striking features you never even knew you wanted, like the rotary gear shift dial that replaces the traditional gear shifter and makes for a more open cabin — it also makes it easier to reach what’s important to you: your morning coffee, for instance. Or the distinctive newly designed grille with available new LED headlights. Did we mention new Platinum and V6 Sport interiors offer sophisticated style along with impressive performance? Ford Fusion is a car designed to be noticed.
New to 2017 Ford Fusion are available LED headlights that offer superior light quality over halogen bulbs while using less energy. SE offers halogen with available LED signature lighting (Standard on Titanium, Platinum, and V6 Sport).
What does the Platinum series offer?
• Premium grille with unique paint
• Cooled driver and passenger seats
• Leather door-trim
• Leather-wrapped and padded instrument panel and console lid
• Premium leather seat top
• Premium leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory
• 19-inch polished aluminum wheels (gas only)
With a 2.7L V6 EcoBoost® engine, 325 horsepower and 350 lb.- ft. of torque*, standard AWD and continuously controlled damping, the new V6 Sport series will put enjoyment into any drive. Adding to that enjoyment are leather-trimmed seats with Miko® suede seat inserts. Did we mention the V6 Sport also boasts a unique grille and quad tip exhaust? Not to mention head-turning 19-inch premium Painted Tarnish Dark wheels.
The new low-profile rotary gear shift dial was specifically designed to take up less room, which opens up space for more conveniently arranged cupholders and a UBS port — right where you need it.
The 2017 Fusion offers seven distinctive new interior combinations, fabrics and trim colours, such as:
• Premium Ceramic leather seats with heated and cooled front seats on Platinum (shown)
• Dark Earth Grey leather sport seats with Miko® suede inserts on V6 Sport
• Ebony and Medium Stone leather interiors with heated front seats on SE Luxury
One of them is bound to be you.
SE Appearance Package (shown):
• 18-Inch Premium dark stainless wheels
• Halogen fog lights with chrome bezel
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Rear spoiler
• Black cloth and vinyl seats with Medium Stone stitching
SE Luxury Package:
• 10-way power driver seat with two memory settings, leather seating with heated front seats
• 1.5L EcoBoost® with 6-speed automatic transmission, Auto Start-Stop Technology and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
Available Wheels on the 2017 Fusion:
• 16-Inch Alloy - Standard on S (gas)
• 17-Inch Premium Luster Nickel-Painted, Optional on S (gas)— standard on SE gas, Hybrid S, Hybrid SE, Fusion Energi SE, Energi Titanium and Energi Platinum
• 18-Inch Premium Dark Stainless -Painted — Standard on SE Appearance (gas and Hybrid)
• 18-Inch Machine-Faced Aluminum with Painted Pockets — Standard on Titanium, Hybrid Titanium and Hybrid Platinum. Optional on all Fusion Energi models and SE Luxury (gas/Hybrid)
• 19-Inch Premium Dark Stainless-Painted Machined Aluminum — Optional on Titanium (gas)
• 19-Inch Polished Aluminum — Standard on Platinum (Gas)
• 19-Inch Premium Dark Tarnish-Painted — Standard on V6 Sport
The 2017 Ford Fusion respects the driver and commands respect from everyone on the road.
With five stunning models ranging from gas to hybrid to plug-in hybrid, Fusion offers plenty of ways to meet and exceed your driving needs. Whether you’re looking for power or efficiency or both, you’ll find a choice of three powerful yet efficient EcoBoost engines, and the V6 Sport, which is, quite simply, designed to thrill. Driving a new Fusion allows you to express your own unique self, wherever you go.
Exhilaration. Precisely delivered.
• 325 hp/350 lb.-ft. of torque11, standard AWD on V6 Sport
• 6-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission with available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters that offer a fun-to-drive experience
• European-inspired independent MacPherson strut-type suspension with stabilizer bar to help reduce road noise and vibrations — and reduce body roll while cornering
• Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) with pull-drift compensation to help continuously correct for road irregularities and to improve overall steering feel — especially when driving on crowned roads or in heavy side winds
• Continuously controlled damping is exclusive to V6 Sport within this lineup and delivers composed, controlled cornering and a smooth ride over rough pavement
The 2017 Ford Fusion now has three EcoBoost® engines to choose from: the 1.5L, now with standard Auto Start-Stop Technology; the 2.0L; and new to Fusion V6 Sport, the 2.7L EcoBoost®. All combine three different technologies – turbocharging, direct injection and twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) – to enhance performance and efficiency.
Engine features include:
• Direct fuel injection and turbocharging
• Piston cooling jets for durability
• Paddle shifters
The 2017 Fusion V6 Sport has so many thrilling features you just might be late for dinner.
• New 2.7L turbocharged EcoBoost® V6 engine
• 325 hp/350 lb.-ft. of torque11
• Standard AWD
• Continuously controlled damping (CCD)
• With CCD, the 2017 Fusion uses an advanced suite of sensors that constantly monitor the vehicle’s suspension motion, body movement, steering and braking. The algorithm uses data from these sensors to adjust the suspension damping in milliseconds to help keep the body of the vehicle quiet and smoothly on track. The system also allows users to choose the ride, with comfort, normal or sport modes.
• Fusion has a special pothole defense system mechanism within its standard CCD suspension, which provides some protection against jarring impact and costly wheel and tire repairs from the dreaded highway pitfalls.
Intelligent AWD sensors balance torque between the front and rear wheels to enhance handling and maximize traction, typically before wheelslip can even occur. AWD is available on SE, and is standard on Titanium, Platinum, and V6 Sport.
SYNC can keep you connected to your world with advanced communications and infotainment features. Upgrade to the available SYNC 3 and enjoy improved performance, enhanced voice-recognition technology, and a larger 8-inch LCD touch screen and enhanced interface — plus SYNC Connect with all its convenient smartphone-enabled features.
Stay connected to your Fusion on the go. With an available embedded modem, SYNC Connect lets you start, lock, unlock and locate your vehicle from virtually anywhere using your smartphone. You can also schedule a specific time to start remotely so your Fusion will be ready to hit the road as soon as you are. Available on SE and Titanium when equipped with the Driver Assist Package. Standard on Platinum and V6 Sport. Not available on Fusion Energi models as these are equipped with MyFord Mobile.
Global Positioning System (GPS) technology is combined with 3-D mapping and provides voice-guided turn-by-turn directions.
Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. Enjoy 120 channels including commercial-free music, plus live sports, news and exclusive entertainment, with a six-month trial subscription to the All-Access package included with your new vehicle. You can also listen online and on the SiriusXM app.